Monday, August 24, 2015

Favorite Places

Moore, Oklahoma is definitely one of my favorite places. It's where I grew up. It's where I live now. It's conveniently located between Norman and Oklahoma City. It's home to a world class movie theater (where I will be viewing the next Star Wars film). It has seen many strong tornadoes in my lifetime which makes it home to a group of people that are strong and able to pick themselves, and each other up time after time. The sense of community here is awesome and it's hard to imagine living anywhere else.

Large tornado from May 20, 2013 headed towards Moore, OK
Image Link

In a general sense, being outdoors in the wilderness may be my most favorite place of all. I grew up spending a lot of time outdoors, whether it was fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, or anything related. Scouting was a huge part of this. It taught me important skills related to survival and conservation. The world is a beautiful place and it would be a shame not to enjoy it.

Myself - hiking near Lake Thunderbird



1 comment:

  1. Moore such has proven itself to be strong and resilient, Tyler, that's for sure — and it has surely earned a break from the tornados by now! Meanwhile, you know I am curious to hear more about your archery, and now I see it is just one of your many outdoor adventures. As you can imagine, India is a country with some amazing regions, lots of great outdoor adventures... I hope you will enjoy imagining some adventures there as you read the stories for this class!

    ReplyDelete